Fulham DFC win 7 – 2 / Goals – Shylon 3, Ben 2 and Kevin 2

Fulham DFC Arrive at Leeds, via 3 punctures and Foxy almost spending a night in the slammer due to being mistaken for a terrorist by the local police.

The lads were gutted to learn that warming up before a game was banned in Leeds.

From FDFC Guv's Diary – Tuesday 5th April 2005

After an excellent training session last week, we travelled to Leeds for the British Deaf Cup semi final. Despite three flat tyres over the weekend, I was delighted with our performance throughout most of the match to secure a place in the final with goals from Harewood, Morally and Lampert. We continued to create numerous chances which for me was the most pleasing aspect of the match.

What was also important was that we kept our patience after being frustrated in the first half hour where we could easily have gone five goals ahead if it was not for Manchester Deaf's goalkeeper who made some solid saves. After the breakthrough on the half hour, we were comfortably 3 – 0 up at half time and turned on the screw in the second half while resting some key players for next week. In the end we ran out a comfortable 7 – 2 victory.

The final will be against our London rivals St. Johns DFC who recorded a fine 6 – 1 win against Leeds DFC. The date will be on May 21st with a venue yet to be confirmed.

However at the end of the day, we have not won anything yet and so cannot count anything for granted. Meanwhile we are back in the cup business with the League Senior Cup quarter final against Hook Venturers whom we drew 3 – 3 earlier in the season in the league this coming Saturday. The best news is I have a full fit squad out of 20 to choose from.

Christof Niklaus

Ewan perfects his 'check the time AND pass trick'

Vorster trys in vain to beat his record 7.5 keep-upies

Coach Mark Saunderson struggles to keep his composure for the camera after Bim broke wind when running past.

The FDFC squad in a mad scramble over Christof's last few Jelly Babies

Fulham DFC Squad v Manchester DFC

Beesey prepares to do his flying karate kid 'Crane' kick

Physio for the day Richard Jeffers (attending to Foxy in the middle of the pitch) stares at the hyperactive Photographer for the day John Docker in disbelief, as he had followed him on paparazzi style. John is then rightly repimanded by the referee for invading the pitch.

Photographer John Docker gets carried away again, this time climbing up a tree (when he was supposedly injured) to take this 'airplane' shot of the squad being given their half time talk.

Ben puts a trick he learnt at the England Deaf weekend into play, hiding behind a tree before taking a corner.

Mark takes time out to check the beautiful Leeds daffodils on display by the pitchside.

Ben slots away a penalty, spot Ewan doing his Superman impersonation on the left

Fulham DFC celebrate reaching the British Deaf Football Cup Final again with a 'can can', led by Mark Saunderson who was obviously a bit high from inhaling all the pollen from the pitchside daffodils.