Dering – Coachability
Mark Gill, a member of Fulham Deaf FC, is a Sports Tutor at Dering Employments Services. As part of his job role, he is working on two projects – Coachability (South East of England) and an Apprenticeships Course for Sports & Leisure (London Region). Here are the details about Coachability:
Looking for a challenge?
Want to coach sport to others?
Mark and his department (the Training Team) are running a project called Coachability – an innovative sports coaching programme for deaf or disabled people in the South East. It is run by Dering Employment Services, a specialist employment and training provider that works with deaf people and with a number of partners working with disabled people. Dering’s main purpose is to support deaf people in finding employment.
The aim of Coachability is to enable deaf or disabled people to build up their leadership skills and improve confidence levels, with the opportunity to learn to coach a specific sport of their choice and also to learn First Aid. People will gain qualifications to enable them to become a qualified community coach – teaching sport to others in local communities.
Here is a breakdown on what Dering can offer through the Coachability Project:
– A free 5 day Sports Leadership Course
– Free Level 1 or 2 Sports Coaching Course in the sport of your choice
– Certified Emergency First Aid
– Volunteer placements and support to find work to put your new skills into practice!
We can provide specialist support to help access volunteering or employment opportunities which will use the skills acquired on the course. To do this, we are working in partnership with the following local employment services:
– Royal National Institute of Blind People – Specialist support for visually impaired in the South East of England.
– MAXIMUS Employment and Training. – Southampton and Eastleigh.
– Career Development Group – Portsmouth, North Hampshire and Isle of Wight.
– Royal British Legion Industries – Kent, Sussex and Surrey.
– YMCA – Reigate and Redhill.
Sport is a very popular industry in Britain, especially with the fact that London 2012 Olympics is only just round the corner, and therefore there are plenty of opportunities around you where you could deliver sports coaching in the local community.
If you want more information about this course, then please do get in touch with us at email@example.com
Or Tel: 020 8686 9606
Or SMS: 07920797313