Westside played hosts to Fulham Deaf in this Teck Intermediate Cup quarter finals. It was the fourth time both sides had met this season with Fulham Deaf winning twice in the league and again in last week League Intermediate Cup quarter finals. Westside were out for revenge while Fulham Deaf was making an attempt to reach their fourth semi finals this season in four different cup competitions.

 It was a dour start to the first ten minutes with Fulham Deaf having the slight advantage. Westside was pinned back inside their half but looked dangerous on the break. Clive Campbell chipped in early in the action with a couple of well-timed tackles to deny a threatening Westside breakaway twice.

 Mark Gill was booked for a series of wild lunges although no contact was made. This happened at thirteen minutes, which would later prove to be unlucky for Gill.

 Westside unleashed a low seeping drive, which Feras Mouybad tipped over for a corner. Mouybad does well to save a low cross from Westside's right hand of play.

 Westside slowly assumed control of the match and started to dominate play inside Fulham Deaf's half. Westside is rewarded with a goal when Mouybad hesitate on coming out once Westside broke through the Fulham Deaf back four to slot the ball into the net with a low timed shot.

 Despite Fulham Deaf being 0 – 1 down, Westside continues to dominate play. However, it is now Fulham Deaf looking dangerous on the breaks. Ryan Pendley had a weak shot saved. Gill's cross was cleared by Westside's goalkeeper ending in an accidental clash with Jeffers who needed lengthy treatment.

 A four-man Fulham Deaf wall was quickly formed inside the penalty area after Westside is awarded a free kick just outside the box. The resulting free kick is slammed into the wall and cleared by John Docker to safety.

 With ten minutes to go before half time, Fulham Deaf was awarded a free kick in the same place as Westside just were minutes ago, except at the other end. Ben Lampert thumped the ball over the crossbar directly over the Westside four-man wall.

 In the fortieth minute, Fulham Deaf was forced to make a substitution with Ayad Sarraf coming on for Gill who got injured in a late tackle that the referee decided was not worth a booking much to Fulham Deaf's annoyance.

 Sarraf almost got onto the score sheet with a nice controlled propelled drive that was well saved by Westside's goalkeeper.
 The last two minutes, an excellent long ball by Andrew Vorster found Andrew Drury who cleverly flicked to Richard Jeffers. With only the Westside goalkeeper to beat, Jeffers chipped the ball over but the goalkeeper made a superb finger tipped save to kill the motion of the ball and grabbed it.

 Half time: Westside 0 – 1 Fulham Deaf

 Campbell was replaced by Rowan Dixon who kicked off the second half. Fulham Deaf applied intensive pressure onto Westside with no reward due to their poor control or finishing.

 Dixon sliced wide on a tight angle fro the right and seconds later, Jeffers headed directly to Westside's goalkeeper after Dixon's excellent lay off from a B. Lampert's cross. Drury got into the act with a shot that Westside goalkeeper was equal to in his save.

 Sarraf produced an excellent tackle after Westside broke through, giving away a throw in. Westside's midfield player needed a lengthy four minutes treatment for a late Fulham Deaf's tackle.

 On the hour, Neil Fox replaced Pendley for the second week running. Docker is also booked by the same referee for the second week running, this time for arguing with the referee against one of his mysterious decisions.

 Mouybad produced a wondrous double save, the first being the best with a reflex save followed by a save to turn away a returned Westside header for a corner.

 Seventy-second minute, a desperate launch onto the Westside's goal somehow does not result in a goal after Dixon, Drury, Vorster made shots at goal that were all bounced off Westside's flying defenders from all angles.

 With twelve minutes to go, Jeffers flicked back to Bim Ajadi who blasted home from close range to equalise the cup-tie at one all.
 Minutes later, a Westside player was booked for a late tackle and B. Lampert shoots the resulting free kick straight to the Westside goalkeeper.

 A minute left to full time, Ajadi was booked for a late foul. The resulting Westside free kick was twenty-eight yards directly outside Fulham Deaf's goal. The ball was slammed against the inside of Fulham Deaf's left post and flew across goal slicing past the right hand post to be cleared to safety by Oliver Westbury.

 The referee ignores a blatant push on Westbury just outside Westbury's penalty area. B. Lampert was put through by Docker and raced towards Westside's goal from inside the halfway line and slotted wide past the far post from the left.

 It was a dogged performance by both sides and the full time whistle blew for full time. 1 – 1

 Extra Time First Half:

 An early cross by Westside was headed straight to Mouybad. Fulham Deaf dominates the state of play well inside Westside's half with Dixon, Drury and Jeffers threatening the Westside's goal from all angles.

 Ajadi produced a deft cross back to Dixon who volleyed at close range only to see the ball go over the cross bar in the save-of-the-match by Westside goalkeeper with a reflex save.

 Fulham Deaf was guilty of not playing to the whistle and was saved by Mouybad when the ball was tipped over for a corner from a situation after the referee ignored a raised offside flag.

 Extra Time Second Half:

 Two minutes into this half, Jeffers' flick rebounded off the crossbar that was scooped by Dixon who passed to Drury.

 Westside's goalkeeper saved a Drury screamer and Jeffers slammed the loose ball home to make it 1 – 2 to Fulham Deaf.

 Jeffers was booked for an earlier clipping tackle after Westside wasted a ball advantage for a throw in. Minutes later, from a Westside corner, the referee awarded Westside an ambiguous penalty after an unknown Fulham Deaf player was esteemed to have pulled a Westside shirt.

 Westside made no mistake from the spot to equalise the match with four minutes to go. There is no further goal to separate either sides and so it came to penalties after the match ended at 2 – 2.


 Fulham Deaf won the toss and elected to take the first penalty. The first nine players made no mistake from the spot with Mouybad of Fulham Deaf and Westside's goalkeeper diving the right way in all nine spot kicks! The tenth and decisive penalty saw Westside place the ball on the spot, Mouybad on the goalmouth line facing the penalty kicker with bended knees.
 The ball is booted to the right hand side of goal and Mouybad dives to his left to scoop the ball into his chest from his outreached arms to trigger off a mad scramble by all the Fulham players running towards Mouybad for the celebrations to begin.

Fulham DFC
Drury – GOAL
First player – GOAL
Dixon – GOAL
Second player – GOAL
Docker – GOAL
Third player – GOAL
B. Lampert – GOAL
Fourth player – GOAL
Sarraf – GOAL
Fifth player – SAVED

 It was a cruel way for Westside to lose after their magnificent teamwork to go one up and fight back from 1-2 down. Fulham Deaf applauded all their players and staff off the pitch and joined them for after match drinks at the Woodside near Wimbledon Park.

 Final score Westside 2 – 2 Fulham DFC after extra time (half time 1 – 0, after 90 mins 1 – 1)
 Fulham DFC wins 4 – 5 on penalties

 Fulham Deaf FC Line up:
 Mouybad, Vorster, Westbury, Docker, Campbell (Dixon 46), Gill (Sarraf 40), Pendley (Fox 60), Ajadi, B. Lampert, Drury, Jeffers

 Christof Niklaus
 Fulham Deaf FC Manager