Sunday 10th
October 2010

BDF (British
Deaf Football) Cup 2nd Round

Fulham Deaf FC v
Birmingham Deaf FC

The Whites welcomed Birmingham to a
sun-drenched Motspur Park for the first ever tie between the two sides, hoping
for a good result to offset the previous day’s loss to Brockham but also aware
of the fact that Birmingham were an unknown quantity and for that reason alone,
worthy of respect.

The Gaffer, Ayad Sarraf, his right hand man,
Martin Willis and Club Captain Jonathan Evans had a quick discussion about the
line up and agreed on the squad quickly, making four changes from yesterday’s
game, replacing McDougall, Gregory, Bovino and Swift with Arnold, Rumney, Gill
and Willis within a 4-4-2 formation. Kemp continued in goal, along with Harding,
Moore, Rumney and Arnold, with Gill, Monksfield, Wylde and Lampert making up
the midfield. Hogan and Willis were selected to play up front for the Whites.

The referee, Phillip Gardner, blew the
whistle for the Whites to attack from kick-off, and so they did, scoring in
only eight seconds, with Monksfield’s wide ball from kick off being picked up
by Lampert, who released Hogan to fire in a shot the fortuitously beat the
Birmingham ‘keeper to give the Whites an early 1-0 lead. This goal will go down
as the fastest in the club’s history!

Soon after, Hogan added a second and set up
Wylde for a simple headed finish to give the Whites a 3-0 lead in the first ten
minutes. Monksfield soon followed this up, firing in a sweet low shot after an
excellent one two with Hogan. A goal from Willis soon followed. Hogan had time
to complete his hat-trick with a tap-in after rounding the ‘keeper before
Brimingham won a penalty to reduce the arrears. With half-time approaching,
Hogan hit two more goals, one a rare header, to give the Whites an 8-1 lead at
the interval.

The second half saw a slightly sloppy
performance from the Whites, with the passing and tempo going down a notch from
the first half. In addition, Hogan was missing chances, full knowing that one
more would give him the club record for the most goals scored by one player in
a match.

Nonetheless, the Whites still continued to
score, with Willis hitting two before Hogan notched up his sixth goal to break
the record. After this, Birmingham started to attack more and found joy, with
Campbell scoring after a good run and finish, which was aided by some poor
defending from the Whites. Poor defending also gave Birmingham another goal
before the end; although this was sandwiched in between two Willis strikes to
give FDFC a 13-3 win. The Whites now advance into the quarter final of the
British Deaf Cup and will play against either Barnet Deaf FC or St Johns
Arsenal Deaf FC.

‘Del Boy’ Hogan was awarded man of the match
for his record haul of six goals in the match, although he could have made it
10 had he not missed other glorious opportunities!

Final score Fulham Deaf FC 13 – 3 Birmingham Deaf FC (HT 8 – 1)

FDFC Line-up:- Kemp, Harding (Oruovo 70 mines), Moore (Swift 35
mines), Rumney, Arnold (Vorster 46 mines), Lampert (Captain), Gill, Monksfield,
Wylde, Hogan and Willis.