With a 100% record and placed on top of the league, Fulham were pitched in battle against Kingston Albion who was placed second in the league with seven points compared to Fulham's nine. It was a mouth-watering top of the league battle ahead for both sides.

Fulham started well with some neat passes and long balls down the wings that created some uncomfortable moments for Kingston. Kingston also began well with some neat defending and counter attacks, which tested the Fulham defence.

Mark Gill went close with a 25 yards low drive whistling past the left far post after some good build up from inside Fulham's half. Fulham began to pile on the pressure and won many 50-50 balls. With 20 minutes gone, Andrew Drury capitalised on Kingston's lack of concentration in winning the ball and running down the pitch towards goal veering to the right side of the box hotly chased by two Kingston defenders. The ball was crossed back to Richard Jeffers who netted with a calm head.

Kingston turned the pressure onto Fulham and crated chances with short and long shots towards Fulham goalkeeper, Paul Lambert. Fulham defended well at times, alas sometimes with desperate measures.

Gill went close again with another screaming drive flying past the post when found in acres of space to move forward. Fulham had the opportunity to go two goals ahead three more times with narrow chances from Gill, Jeffers and Nick Beese. The score remained 1-0 at half time.

The second half began with Kingston turning up the tempo piling attack after attack onto the Fulham's goal. In the 58th minute, Ewan McGreevy came on for Neil Fox, slotting in at left midfield and Beese coming into central midfield to absorb the pressure. Kingston continued to attack down the wings but no real chances came off for them.

With 65 minutes gone, Kevin Harewood came on for Andrew Vorster up front with Drury moving down to right midfield. This eased the pressure off the Fulham's defence with the ball being dominated in midfield again. This was to be short lived as Kingston won a corner and Lambert failed to clear it effectively with a weak punch. Kingston equalised from short range with 15 minutes left to go.

The reminder of the match was mostly Kingston, with renewed rigid vigour searching for the winning goal. It was mainly thanks to some desperate defending and lady luck that contributed to Fulham escaping with a draw. Credit must be given to Kingston Albion III for being the first side to make Fulham Deaf FC drop points this season.

Fulham Deaf FC Team: Lambert, Coker, Sarraf, Fox (McGreevy 58), Campbell, Pendley, Vorster (Harewood 65), Gill, Jeffers (Fayed 83), Drury, Beese

 Christof Niklaus
 Fulham Deaf FC Manager