Fulham DFC visited Charlton DFC at Charlton training ground for the English Deaf Cup. Manager Christof Niklaus was absent, assistant manager Ayad Sarraf was placed in charge for this match.

Fulham DFC started off very poorly, with sloppy passes and losing ball possessions, which gave away a corner to Charlton in the first minute. A deep cross from the right went over Richard Parker and Charlton headed in a goal with many Fulham players behind the goal line!

Right off after re-kick off, Fulham Deaf started to stamp their authority and played better football. The midfielders and strikers worked hard to create spaces especially the wingers on both flanks, Ben Lampert on the right and Ewan McGreevy on the left to provide teasing crosses but to no avail as Charlton's keeper was pretty alert on this day.

Fulham Deaf equalised at fifteen minutes with Mark Murphy scoring his debut goal for the club with a beauty low shot onto the far right corner of the post after Ben Lambert fed through a lovely ball. Minutes later, Mark Murphy almost scored again with his tricky dribbles beating past three defenders before lashing a 15 yards screamer which slammed against the bar.

A lovely long ball from Mark Gill behind the midfield half which threaded through the middle just outside the goal keepers area in which Richard Jeffers managed to beat the offside trap and dribble round past the goalkeeper and tap in the goal in style! Fulham Deaf was now 2 – 1 up.

Fulham Deaf continued to dominate the match, winning every ball and attacking Charlton Deaf vividly. However, Fulham Deaf still was not playing total football as they often gave the ball away or lost possessions at times.

A free kick was awarded to Fulham Deaf after a foul on Richard Jeffers just outside the goalkeeper's area. Ben Lambert stepped in to take a low curved ball into the net on the far right post. Make you wonder if Charlton keeper has a weakness in diving to the right?!

In the second half, Fulham Deaf cruised into second gear after being 3 – 1 up, and was not playing some pretty football. Tired Fulham Deaf legs were visible as the players were strained after a hard fought league match on the previous day defeated a team second top in the league.

Substitutions were made, with Andrew Vorster, Neil Fox and Peter Drinnan replacing Oliver Westbury, Ewan McGreevy and Mark Murphy respectively. Fulham Deaf started to play bit better with fresher legs on the pitch, and soon after in the seventieth minute, Fulham Deaf scored with a Drinnan header (his first touch of the match!) after from a lovely deep cross from Ayad Sarraf.

A well deserved victory for Fulham Deaf although the score line could have easily be doubled if it wasn't for some suspicious offside rulings by Charlton's linesman!

Final score Charlton Deaf 1 – 4 Fulham Deaf FC (half time 1 – 3)

Man of the match – Mark Murphy

Fulham Deaf FC Line up:

Parker, Sarraf, Campbell, Docker, Westbury (Vorster 60), McGreevy (Fox 55), Beese, Gill, Lambert, Jeffers, Murphy (Drinnan 65)

Bim Ajadi

Fulham Deaf FC