Doncaster College kicked off at 3.01pm in front of a crowd of 150+ under the glorious sunshine. A series of throw ins by Fulham Deaf applied pressure to Doncaster Deaf and in the fourth minute Fulham Deaf won their first corner.

Rowan Dixon took the corner and Andrew Drury slammed his shot well over the bar.

Doncaster Deaf broke down the left wing and Andrew Vorster made a good clearance after a tackle but the ball was still loose in play. Richard Parker came to Fulham Deaf's rescue with a save near the edge of the box.

A minute later, Parker is forced to tip the ball over the bar after Fulham Deaf back four was caught napping. Doncaster created this chance with an excellent lay off to their striker, which beat the Fulham Deaf's offside trap.

Parker is again called into action into making a great clearance after a back pass went astray. Oliver Westbury, John Docker, Ayad Sarraf and Vorster, Fulham Back four looked out of all sorts and clearly are struggling with the Doncaster Deaf's attacking formation.

 A series of passes, illustrating excellent teamwork from Parker to Westbury, Ryan Pendley, Nick Beese to Rowan Dixon won Fulham Deaf a corner in the twelfth minute. The corner was wasted.

Then from here it went all wrong for Fulham Deaf.

 Doncaster Deaf won a throw in down the left near the edge of Fulham's box and it was taken long. The ball bounced past the frozen ball watching footballers and Doncaster Deaf's Ailey scooped in to head the ball into the back of the net to put Doncaster Deaf 1 – 0 up after seventeen minutes.

Three minutes later, poor defending by Fulham Deaf let Doncaster Deaf through to lob the ball over Parker to make it 2 – 0.

Beese's poor square ball led to Doncaster Deaf's Wood unleashing a dipping long range shot that Parker saved easily.

Dixon produced Fulham Deaf's first real on target chance on the half-hour with a shot that went directly into Doncaster Deaf Atkinson's arms. Bim Ajadi, Ben Lambert, Pendley and Drury are kept quiet by Doncaster Deaf's tight marking, which is out of character for them four.

Doncaster Deaf's Hogan does a 'Ronaldinho' going over the ball with his feet several times before shooting straight at Parker.

Pendley is flagged offside from a Dixon's late pass to add to Fulham Deaf's frustrations.

 Half-time Fulham DFC 0 – 2 Doncaster DFC

Ewan McGreevy replaced Bim Ajadi at the beginning of the second half. Early on Doncaster Deaf's Singh made a rare mistake in a handball and B. Lambert blasted the free kick straight into Doncaster Deaf's wall.

Sarraf appealed for offside on a Doncaster Deaf's counter attack but referee Andrew Rodda waved play on and Parker made an excellent save in coming out to the edge of the box to claim the ball.

Just before the hour, Mark Gill came on in place of Westbury. Fulham Deaf midfield seemed to get behind the ball a little better until eight minutes later when a long high Doncaster Deaf's cross came into the box. Parker hampered by the masses of bodies in the box missed the ball and the loose ball was chipped into the back of the net to make it 3 – 0 for Doncaster Deaf.

Fulham Deaf resorted to a 3-4-3 system in a desperate bid to get back into the match with nothing to lose.

Three minutes later Doncaster Deaf's Anderson made it 4 – 0 with an excellent dribble down the left that exposed the new back three. It was a gamble by Fulham Deaf's manager Christof Niklaus that failed.

Sarraf was shown the yellow card for a late tackle. Kevin Harewood came on for the injured Andrew Drury with fifteen minutes to go.

Doncaster Deaf's Hogan made it 5 – 0 with a left footed low drive that crept past Parker after some excellent dribbling.

Gill got fouled thirty-five yards outside of Doncaster Deaf's goal. Dixon took the free kick short to Beese who unleashed a long dipping shot that sailed over the bar by the diameter of the ball.

In the last minute Doncaster Deaf won a booking for an infringement on Parker before Rodda blew for full-time to put Fulham Deaf out of their misery.

Christof Niklaus – Fulham Deaf FC Manager comments:

The better team beat us on the day and I can have no complaints about this. We are still a young team, now at the end of our inaugural season, which has gone beyond our expectations. Naturally we are disappointed at how we lost by this score line and would have preferred to lose by a respectable score but I truly believe this defeat will do us good in the long run although many of us won't feel this way for the time being!

Doncaster College, to their credit exposed us with their strong counter attacks and looked like scoring every time they got deep into our half. Bobby Singh was superb at the back cleaning up and feeding the ball back into midfield. Daniel Hogan was everywhere and worked hard for the whole duration of ninety minutes even at 4 – 0 up. The fifth goal was a clear evidence of this when he pushed up to score while the others seemed to be a little bit contented in riding the match out at 4 – 0 up with ten minutes to go.

After a fantastic season, something had to give and today was it. Not wanting to take anything away from Doncaster College, this was our sixth high-profile match in fourteen days and to summarise it all, it was just a game too many for us. We will learn from this and come back stronger next season.

Credit to Doncaster College on their win and it was fully deserved. We'll be back next season but now I am off for my well-earned pint of Guinness!

Final score Fulham DFC 0 – 5 Doncaster DFC (half time 0 – 2)

Fulham Deaf FC Line up:

Parker, Vorster, Westbury (Gill 58), Beese, Docker, Sarraf, Drury (Harewood 75), Ajadi (McGreevy 46), Pendley, Dixon, B. Lampert. Subs not used: Fox, Stubbs

Doncaster Deaf FC Line up:
 Atkinson, Corbett, Anderson, J.Evans, Singh, Kitchin, Naylor, Wood, Ailey, Moore, Hogan. Subs: Denmead, Wynne, Sinclair. Subs not used: Richardson, C.Evans

Christof Niklaus
 Fulham Deaf FC Manager