West End Esher went on the immediate attack from the whistle to shock Fulham deaf into some desperate defending from down the right and a couple of corners.

In the third minute, Fulham Deaf won their first corner and Ewan McGreevy headed the ball home from just behind the penalty spot to put Fulham Deaf ahead.

Fulham Deaf produced the offside trap effectively three times in a row and on a counter attack Andrew Drury flicked the ball which came off the post straight back into Esher's goalkeeper's arms.

Fulham Deaf gradually calmed down and began to control the match moving the ball down the wings and centre. Esher still looked dangerous on their counter attacks especially down the wings and Andrew Vorster came to Fulham Deaf's rescue in clearing the ball away for a throw in when last man standing.

Richard Jeffers broke through and won a penalty when felled inside the box by West End. Drury stepped up and slotted the ball into the back of the bulging net past Esher's left to make it 2 – 0 to Fulham Deaf after only twelve minutes.

Three minutes later, McGreevy released Ben Lampert through down the left and Lampert coolly side stepped past Esher's goalkeeper to slip the ball into the back of the net.

On the half hour, Ayad Sarraf started a sequence of twenty-two passes assisted by Nick Beese, Bim Ajadi, Mark Gill, Jeffers and B. Lampert down the left touchline. The incoming B. Lampert's cross to Jeffers went wide and signalled the end of Fulham deaf possession.

The match went into a dip in form for both sides and the state of play was dominated in midfield. On a break away attack down the right, McGreevy slipped the ball into the box for Jeffers and a scramble emerged just outside the Esher's goal. In the confusion, the ball came out to Drury and at close range, Drury slotted the ball to make it 4 – 0 to Fulham Deaf with eight minutes remaining before half time.

John Docker produced a poor clearance which resulted in West End slamming the ball off the crossbar with a dipping shot. Richard Parker resorted to yelling to reorganise his back four.

Jeffers did not return to the pitch after half time with Rowan Dixon coming on as his replacement.

Four minutes into the second half, McGreevy came close sliced his shot past the near post after excellent teamwork down the left. Ajadi started this move with a pass down to B. Lampert who combined well with Drury to produce the cross.

A minute later, Dixon chased a Docker's through ball and won it to unleash a curling lob over Esher's keeper into the back of the net.

Oliver Westbury came on for Ajadi and slotted into left back to close up the defence. Soon after, B. Lampert scored an identical goal as Dixon did eight minutes ago to make it 6 – 0 to Fulham Deaf.

Neil Fox came on for B. Lampert with twenty-seven minutes to go and produced one of his best performances in a Fulham Deaf shirt winning 50-50 balls and keeping possession of the ball.

With twenty minutes to go, Parker produced a great point-blank save to deny West End a certain goal from four yards out after Fulham Deaf defending became sloppy momentarily. Five minutes later Drury made it a magnificent seven with a lob after being put through by Dixon.

The best was saved until last with twenty-four passes from well inside Fulham Deaf's half right up to just outside Esher's box where McGreevy finished the job to make it 8 – 0 to Fulham Deaf.

Gill's creative lob out wide to Vorster resulted in a direct cross to Drury which was headed wide.

Drury headed Docker's free kick back to Dixon. Esher's keeper well saved Dixon 's probing lob.

Gill came off as a precaution with a few minutes to go and Fulham Deaf continued to the end with ten men after having used up all their substitutes. Esher looked for a consolation goal pushed up and broke through down the left. Parker came out late and clashed with Esher's striker. The referee pointed to the spot for a penalty to Esher.

As the penalty was taken, Parker dived to his right and stopped the ball and leapt again to claim it into his safe hands. Seconds later the referee blew for full-time and Fulham Deaf remained in third spot but only two points behind old rivals Westminster Casuals the league leaders where the next match was scheduled for tomorrow.

Final score West End Esher 0 – 8 Fulham DFC (half time 0 – 4)

Fulham Deaf FC Line up:

Parker, Vorster, Sarraf, Beese, Docker, Ajadi (Westbury 55), B. Lampert (Fox 63), McGreevy Gill, Drury, Jeffers (Dixon 46)

Christof Niklaus
 Fulham Deaf FC Manager