NPL came to Motspur Park with the accolade of being the first team ever to beat Fulham Deaf in the league earlier last November.

The first eight minutes was a dull start for both sides despite the bright gleaming sun bursting through the coldness of the day.

In the ninth minute, NPL broke through with a long ball down their left and a cross came into the box, which was headed into the net past a frozen Feras Mouybad who was deputising for Richard Parker.

At 0 – 1 down, Fulham pushed forward at every attempt for a quick equaliser. A long ball by Clive Campbell deep into NPL's half is well controlled by Richard Jeffers. Jeffers flicks to his right towards Rowan Dixon who in turn passes to Ben Lampert. A well-taken B. Lampert curving drive sees the ball slice wide of the far right post.

An excellent ball fed through by Bim Ajadi puts Jeffers clear but NPL's goalkeeper is well alert and clears the ball to safety by coming out of his box.

Jeffers again gets through NPL's shaky defence and is on a one-to-one with NPL's goalkeeper but again the goalkeeper deny Jeffers with an easy save although he did very well to stand his ground.

Andrew Drury coolly slot the ball home from the penalty spot after NPL shoved Dixon inside the penalty area. With the match al square at 1 – 1, NPL enjoyed most of the play inside Fulham Deaf's half for the next ten minutes.

Oliver Westbury makes three excellent tackles when 'last man standing' at the back. Mouybad produces an excellent punching save despite facing the glaring sun. Westbury clears the resulting corner.

Not contented with some goal saving tackles, Westbury pushes forward on a Fulham Deaf's attack to shoot from twenty-four yards out. This opportunity came from a Neil Fox's throw in which was passed to Westbury from Dixon. The ball flies past the right hand post into the netting behind the goal which was set up to prevent the ball from straying far from the match.

The second half saw B. Lampert making a couple of mazy runs down the right. Only poor finishing was down to Fulham Deaf.

With fifty-five minutes gone, Ryan Pendley came on for Andrew Vorster who was rested for next week cup-tie. Seven minutes later, a Dixon's superb measured deft chip from twenty yards out lobbed over the NPL goalkeeper to put Fulham Deaf 2 – 1 up.

Three minutes later, a poor Drury's goal kick rebounds into NPL's possession and NPL makes no mistake in sending a bending screamer past Mouybad to equalise the match.

A minute later, Dixon unleashes a screamer from twenty-five yards out which is well saved by NPL's goalkeeper.

The game becomes a battle of long balls therefore reducing the tone of the match to a poor spectacle to watch.

With a quarter of an hour to go, Jeffers receives the ball five yards outside the NPL's penalty area in the centre. Jeffers dribbles past three defenders down to the left controlling the ball with the outside of his right boot, and cross the ball from the touch line. Ajadi calmly side foots the ball home to score his long-awaited first goal for the club.

Four minutes later, on a counter attack, with the ball going from left to right on a forward motion via B. Lampert to Dixon to Gill who blast the ball home to make it 4 – 2.

Two minutes later, B. Lampert controls the ball with some considerable skill, manages to turn towards goal and flip the ball with the outside of his boot only to see it being flicked over for a corner by the NPL's goalkeeper.

 The last eight minutes saw a double substitution with Campbell and Gill coming off for Kevin Harewood and Peter Drinnan respectively.

The match ended 4-2 to place Fulham Deaf second in the league with twenty-eight points, five points behind West End Esher with three games in hand.

Final score Fulham DFC 4 – 2 NPL (half time 1 – 1)

Fulham Deaf FC Line up:

Mouybad, Vorster (Pendley 55), Campbell (Harewood 82), Drury, Westbury, Ajadi, B. Lampert, Gill (Drinnan 85), Fox, Jeffers, Dixon

Christof Niklaus
 Fulham Deaf FC Manager