Poor preparation and organisation contributed to the first defeat for Fulham Deaf and it was no more than what they deserved.

 On a typical rainy Saturday afternoon, the ball rolled forward under the heels of Rowan Dixon at 2.00pm to commence the match. Fulham Deaf started brightly with three corners won inside the first five minutes, which resulted in a goal kick each time.

 A stern talking is given by the referee to Clive Campbell and NPL's no 11 for an off the ball tussle. A case of handbags at ten paces that would have been better ignored by the referee!

 Quarter of hour into the match, Richard Parker's mighty kick finds Andrew Drury deep inside NPL's half but Drury slice it clean over the bar. A glorious chance for Fulham Deaf to get ahead.

 The match went through a dull period with the most exciting thing happening outside this match when a blonde streaker ran across a men hockey match being played next door. There also was a flying pig overhead…

 With thirty-two minutes gone, a hopeful long ball by NPL resulted with the ball in the back of Fulham Deaf's net after a poor John Docker's back header went past Parker who was coming forward to collect it.

 Drury became guilty of wasting another chance when he sliced past the left post when Richard Jeffers crossed the ball from the right. Frustration crept into Fulham Deaf game plan starting with a needless ten yards penalty when Dixon argued with the referee inside NPL's half.

 After the whistle had gone twice to signify half-time and to commence the second half, Parker made a great diving save with Andrew Vorster kicking the loose ball away for a corner.

 A sharp throw in by Oliver Westbury deep inside NPL's half found Drury whose overhead kick found Ryan Pendley. Pendley knocked it in to equalise the match with only four minutes gone in the second half.

 Three minutes later, a NPL's thirty yards free kick was blasted over the bar in true Johnny Wilkinson style. NPL's goalkeeper is injured and after lengthy treatment is able to continue in the match.

 On the hour came a series of three corners for NPL. The first was pawed over past the post by Parker after confusion in Fulham Deaf's defence. Again, called to action, Parker knocked the second over the crossbar. The third corner was something of a classic with the NPL corner taker kicking the corner flag that flew off! The ball trickled forward for Fulham Deaf to knock it clear.

 A brace by NPL killed Fulham Deaf off in the space of two minutes. Fulham Deaf lost heart and Dixon was booked for a very late high tackle before Kariam Fayed replaced him. NPL thoroughly deserved this victory and celebrated at full-time.

 Final score NPL 3 – 1 Fulham Deaf FC (half time 1 – 0

 Fulham Deaf FC Line up:

 Parker, Vorster, Westbury, Docker, Campbell, Drury, Ajadi (Stubbs 71), Coker (Lampert 46), Pendley, Jeffers, Dixon (Fayed 64)

 Christof Niklaus
 Fulham Deaf FC Manager