A fine performance from Fulham Deaf ended the Casuals winning hold over
Fulham, This years hotly contested shield ended in a 3-3 draw, with the
Casuals scoring first and the deaf whites fighting back in style with two goals from Daniel Hogan and a Ben Lampert penalty to
race into a 3-1 lead, only for the Casuals to mount a fight back in the last ten minutes to end
the game at 3-3.

Manager Ayad Sarraf took the opportunity to try out some new trialists
and made a number of rolling substitutes throughout, and will have been
delighted with the 1st team’s start to the pre-season preparations for
the new season in Surrey South Eastern Combination.

There were two notably fine performances on the day, Ireland striker,
come midfielder and yesterday centre back Bryan Moore gave the
impressive prolific Casuals striker Grant Payne a difficult game.
Fulham DFC Youth graduate striker Jacob Willis impressed in his second
full game for the deaf whites, Willis did a fine job upfront, keeping
the pressure on the Casuals back four throughout with his pace and
enthusiasm, and was unlucky not to score.

Match report taken from westminstercasuals.co.uk

Joe Maughan’s first game in his second coming as Casuals manager ended
all square as his team came from two goals down with just ten minutes
remaining to share the FDFC/WCFC Shield.

An 86th minute strike from former gaffer Grant Payne ensured the
Casuals retained the silverware they won in such style twelve months
ago but this was a very different match against an impressive, athletic
Fulham side that spurned several chances to put the game beyond reach
before the visitors late comeback.

It appeared normal service would be resumed when Payne capped a bright
opening period for the Casuals when he latched onto Ian Hardy’s through
ball before cooly slotting under the Fulham keeper.

However Fulham levelled the scores before the break when a wayward Dave
Brain pass from the back was intercepted and the Fulham striker ran
through and drove past Lofty Wolsey at his near post.

Ayad Sarraf’s young side took the lead after the break with a powerful
left footed shot into the bottom corner but within minutes Jim Paley
missed a great opportunity to level the scores when he crashed Michael
Rootes’ cross from the right onto the crossbar from close range.

Fulham then made the score 3-1 when Russell Hughes was adjudged to have
pushed Ben Lampert in the box and the resulting penalty was despatched
past Wolsey.

At this stage the Casuals were well and truly on the rack and only a
last ditch block by Tom Crowley, a superb reaction save from Wolsey and
some poor finishing prevented Fulham extending their lead.

The battling Casuals made them pay for their profligacy when Rootes ran
onto Payne’s pass and chipped the keeper from 25 yards and then
returned the compliment just five minutes later when he crossed for
Payne to volley past the Fulham keeper from close range to restore
parity and share the spoils.

Source: westminstercasuals.co.uk