Fulham Deaf kicked off the match with Richard Jeffers tapping to Kevin Harewood, who then passed back to Ryan Pendley.

With that cautious back pass, both sides experienced a nervous start. With eight minutes gone, a Pendley chip out wide to Jeffers on the right results in a volley that goes wide. This chip by Pendley, put paid to the nervous start and woke the game up.

A tenth minute goalmouth scramble from a Ben Lampert's corner somehow does not result in a goal with some desperate defending and saves by Barnslake. Nick Beese, Harewood and Jeffers should have scored but didn't.

A Clive Campbell's free kick, thirty yards out is chipped into the box to Jeffers, who makes no mistake this time to slam it home for his twentieth goal of the season in all competitions (tenth goals in the league in thirteen games). Fulham Deaf goes 0 – 1 up with fifteen minutes gone.

Jeffers is soon in action again with a low cross to Pendley who blasts over the bar a close range. All this started from a clever chip across the pitch to Jeffers from Beese.

A Campbell's handball resulted in a Barnslake's free kick just outside the box. Fulham Deaf quickly assembled a five-man wall and the resulting free kick was well taken by Barnslake that had to be parried over the crossbar by Richard Parker.

Parker is soon re-called into action to come out early to claim the 50-50 ball. From there, the ball is booted into midfield by Andrew Drury who controls it well. Drury turns towards Barnslake's goal, and after a quick one-two with Jeffers, Drury volleys a screamer to the left top hand corner of goal. Barnslake goal keeper is equal to the challenge to Fulham Deaf's dismay.

Fulham Deaf's appeals for offside is ignored by the referee despite the linesman's flag in the air and Parker is forced to save at point blank range to give Barnslake a corner. The resulting corner is well claimed by Parker.

A Drury's screamer of a volley from nowhere, forty yards out is well tipped over the crossbar by Barnslake's goal keeper and what a goal it would have been had it gone in.

Harewood is pulled down in Barnslake's penalty area and the referee ignores Fulham Deaf's appeals. Justice is served when two minutes later, Drury slots the ball home from a Jeffers' well placed header from a throw in to make it 0 – 2, with three minutes left before half time.

Barnslake broke down the right wing, with Ayad Sarraf getting caught out. Campbell is also caught out of position trying to cover the left-hand area and the ball is crossed into the box for a soft headed goal Barnslake goal.

Fulham Deaf restore the two goals lead within thirty seconds after Drury slotted the ball off the right hand post after being put on-side by a Jeffers' chip down the right. Half time 1 – 3 to Fulham Deaf after a burst of three goals in the last three minutes.

Early in the second half, B. Lampert is felled well inside the box and the referee points to the penalty spot. While Lampert is treated with first aid, the Barnslake's linesman waves his flag to the referee. After a quick discussion the referee points to just outside the box for a free kick much to Fulham Deaf's disgust. The resulting free kick is easily saved by Barnslake's goal keeper.

Neil Fox stalled inside the box from a few yards out away from Parker to let in a Barnslake's poking foot. It is another soft goal which now make the score 2 – 3 to Fulham Deaf.

A few minutes later, Parker makes a mistake in saving the ball from a back pass and a nine-man wall is quickly assembled just twelve yards out from goal. The ball is slammed into the wall and kicked to safety by B. Lampert.

Thirty-five minutes left, Andrew Vorster comes on for Fox. Eight minutes later Bim Ajadi comes on for Harewood.

Ajadi wins a free kick almost immediately and Drury slams it straight to the goalkeeper from long range.

Barnslake caught Fulham Deaf on the break three times with their number nine making darting runs down the right wing. On the third occasion, a corner was awarded to Barnslake and the corner came off Campbell's head straight into the net to equalise the match at three all.

With less than twelve minutes to go Fulham piled on the pressure in search the winning goal and justice. In this spell of the onslaught onto Barnslake's goal, Pendley was felled in the box in clear view of the referee who elected to look away immediately, waving to play on. Several Fulham Deaf players protested to the referee, despite Barnslake going on the attack which thankfully didn't result in a goal.

Samba Coker came on for Sarraf who limped off with a groin injury with minutes to go.

The match ended 3 – 3

 At the end of the day Fulham Deaf were guilty of losing their control and discipline when at 1-3 up as well as giving away three soft goals. It was a harsh lesson learned for Fulham Deaf in their inaugural season, which they will surely not forget in a hurry.

Final score Barnslake 3 – 3 Fulham DFC (half time 1 – 3)

Fulham Deaf FC Line up:

Parker, Sarraf (Coker 85), Fox (Vorster 55), Campbell, Drury, Docker, Beese, Pendley, Harewood (Ajadi 63), B. Lampert, Jeffers

Christof Niklaus
 Fulham Deaf FC Manager