Fulham 1-1 Llantwit Major
(Fulham win 9-8 on pens)

An equaliser deep in the second half
of extra time from Chris Bunker kept Fulham in the competition, after going
behind in the first half of extra time. The match was goalless after 90 minutes
of play, despite Fulham enjoying the majority of possession and also seeing two
legit goals outrageously flagged offside by the referee's assistant provided for
by Llantwit Major.

The semi final took place on the Grove Manor Playing
Fields on the outskirts of Nottingham after being relocated at the last minute
from the waterlogged Nottingham University Pitches. The match was played in
competitive spirits with Llantwit Major showing good potential for the future of
Welsh deaf football, fielding many young players in their first British Deaf

Fulham kept their 100% penalty shoot-out record, despite being
taken all the way by Llantwit Major, in which Fulham keeper Richard Parker keeps
goal for, due to the 50 mile address registration of the British Deaf Cup.
Fulham somehow rightly managed to hold on and win the long shoot out in the wet
Nottingham weather 9-8 to have justice rightly served for the two disallowed

Bassim Baz set a Fulham DFC record for the fastest red card,
coming on for Ewan McGreevy to bolster the attack as part of a tactical change
to look for a the goal to take Fulham through. After a few minutes of neat
attacking play from Baz, the burning smoke from a nearby bonfire appeared to go
straight to his head, as Bassim picked up two yellow cards, one for a
professional foul, with the second card being rather unjust as Bassim went for a
shot only for a Llantwit defender to get in the way and feel the full force of
bonfired Baz, who was then sent on his way after 15 minutes of action.

Fulham were able to keep shape, with man of the match Mark Gill putting
on one of his finest displays in a Fulham shirt, troubling safe hands with some
great crosses and the defence with some mazy runs.

On a totally
irrelevant note, had Fulham lost to Llantwit, it would have been the first time
in the British Deaf Cups long history that there was no English representative
in the final.

Team: Roberts, Sarraf, Bunker, Drury, Docker, Lampert, PJ,
McGreevy, Gill, Morally, Pendley

Subs: Vorster(80), Baz (70), Harewood (et
20), Ritchie, Simmonds

Fulham now face Belfast in the British Deaf Cup
final. Belfast beat Derby, coming from 1-3 down with five minutes to play to win
4-3. Belfast has made British deaf football history by being the first team from
Ireland to reach the final since the forming of the competition on 1926. This
will also be Fulham's third British Deaf Cup final the three years the club has
been running.

Both sides have only met once, in the British Deaf Cup
Quarter Finals in February 2004. In which Fulham won 7-6 on penalties with the
score being 2-2 aet.

The final date has not been announced yet, though
as soon as it has, it will be displayed on fulhamdfc.com. However the venue will
be in Cardiff, home to the outgoing British Deaf Football Director Vaughan
Jenkins after over 15 years of service.

Many thanks to FDFC in house paparazzi
Terri Richie for supplying some of the photos!