Plagued with injuries and illness Fulham Deaf could muster together just sufficient players for this league fixture against Maori Park Reserves.

Maori Park Reserves were not to be taken lightly despite their mid-table position for they had reached the Teck Intermediate Cup Final and the semi finals of the League Intermediate Cup.

Minutes after the referee started the match, Fulham Deaf first chance fell to Rowan Dixon from an Ewan McGreevy's header. Dixon blasted the ball to the side of the net.

A Dixon's free kick fell straight into Maori's keeper's arms. Maori keeper's huge long ball caught Fulham Deaf cold and Richard Parker came to the rescue in flicking the ball over for a corner. John Docker quickly cleared the resulting corner.

Jeffers wasted what was to be Fulham Deaf's best chance in the match by slicing wide on a one-to-one with Maori's keeper after breaking through Maori's offside trap.

Poor finishing is letting both sides down midway this half but Maori reversed this trend with a well taken chip over Parker after breaking through Fulham Deaf's leaky defence in the thirty-first minute.

The match fizzled out to half time with Fulham Deaf lucky to be only 1 – 0 down after a combination of wasted Maori Park chances and some desperate Fulham Deaf's defending.

Bim Ajadi came on in place of Oliver Westbury for the beginning of the second half. Ten minutes later Maori made a double substitution just before their corner. Neil Fox made a saving clearance off the line at the near post from Maori's corner.

Ayad Sarraf's free kick had a similar impact as Dixon's free kick in the first half with the ball falling gracefully and unthreatening into Maori keeper's arms.

Ben Stubbs replaced Neil Fox just before the hour and got into the action quickly, pushing up forward whenever possible.

Sixty-two minutes on the referee's watch was when Maori produced a string of passes and excellent possession to overcome Fulham Deaf's jagged defence to chip over Parker to make it 2 – 0.

Harewood came on for the injured Docker.

Parker made an excellent claim 50-50 ball save from a threatening Maori's through ball and oncoming striker.

With fifteen minutes to go, Maori's long ball again beat Fulham Deaf's back four and Maori's striker chipped the ball over the oncoming Parker to kill any hopes of a comeback for Fulham Deaf.

Maori pushed on for a fourth goal and Parker came to Fulham Deaf's rescue on top of some desperate defending. The fourth goal never came but nevertheless it was the heaviest defeat Fulham Deaf has experienced this season.

Final score Maori Park Reserves 3 – 0 Fulham DFC (half time 1 – 0)

Fulham Deaf FC Line up:

Parker, Westbury (Ajadi 46), Fox (Stubbs 57), Sarraf, Drury, Docker (Harewood 67), McGreevy, Beese, Pendley, Jeffers, Dixon

Christof Niklaus
 Fulham Deaf FC Manager