Less than twenty-fours hours ago after saving the last minute penalty against West End Esher, Richard Parker was again in action early in this match saving well from an early Casuals' attack.

New league leaders, Westminster Casuals successfully pinned Fulham Deaf deep inside their half and created chances mainly down the wings.

Ewan McGreevy produced a well-timed sliding tackle to avert another Casual's attack and from then on Fulham Deaf came back into the match.

Eleven minutes gone on the referee's watch, Nick Beese won possession in midfield and laid the ball out wide to Ben Lambert who combined well with Ryan Pendley to win a throw inside Casual's half. Beese took the throw in to Andrew Drury who turned to his left losing his marker in the process. Drury unleashed a fierce shot from twenty-four yards out and the Casual's keeper got to the ball only for Richard Jeffers to slot the loose ball home.

At 1-0 up, Fulham Deaf continued to attack and Drury headed Jeffers' probing cross wide.

John Docker back chased a Casual's long ball and in the mix up with oncoming Parker, headed the ball past Parker. Docker was relieved to see the ball go wide of the post for a corner to Westminster Casuals. The resulting corner came to nothing.

B. Lampert shot was well saved by Casuals' keeper after a McGreevy's threatening pass.

A mazy run by B. Lampert down the left wing resulted in a cross to Jeffers, which was weak headed directly into the arms of the Casuals' keeper.

Parker made a great save in coming out to the edge of the box to deny Westminster a 50-50 ball and the loose ball was cleared for a Casual's throw in at the half-way line.

The second half started with such frenzy that Westminster Casual equalised before you could say, “the half time score was…!”

The Fulham Deaf back four was caught napping and Westminster homed in on the equaliser down the right with only fifteen seconds into the second half.

McGreevy gave away a free kick just outside the box and Fulham Deaf formed a four-men wall under direction from Parker. The free kick cleared over the wall direct to Parker's arms.

On the fiftieth minute, Jeffers broke through chasing a 50-50 ball and Casual's keeper got to the ball before Jeffers did.

Andrew Vorster took a free kick on the half way line to Drury who headed back to Jeffers, whose first touch let him down.

On the hour, a poor dangerous clearance by Beese gave the opportunity for Westminster to blast a shot from the right only for the ball to fly over the crossbar.

With twenty-two minutes to go, B. Lampert took a free kick into the box and the rebound was scooped up by Drury who blasted from just outside the box. The ball went through the flurry of defenders and straight into the net to put Fulham Deaf 2 – 1 up.

Pendley chipped a Casuals' player from behind just inside Fulham Deaf's half out wide on the right. The resulting free kick was taken long into the box and headed into the top left hand corner of the net past Parker's outstretched arms to equalise the match at 2 – 2 after Fulham Deaf had taken the lead only sixty seconds ago.

 Seventy-fourth minute, Westminster after a good spell headed the ball over the bar after Fulham Deaf was guilty of ball watching.

With fourteen minutes to go, Oliver Westbury replaced McGreevy. With two minutes to go, Fulham Deaf won a corner. Parker astounded Westminster by going up for the corner and all eleven Fulham Deaf footballers were inside or around the Casuals' box.

The corner came and was headed back to Parker at the far post. Parker kept it in play and turned towards goal, laid it of to Westbury who chipped it to Beese and the ball was slammed towards goal. The ball rebounded off the midst of oncoming Casuals' defenders and Parker could be seen running back towards goal along with several Fulham Deaf footballers towards the half way line.

The referee blew for full-time to a fair result for both sides. Westminster Casuals were promoted to Division One and became hot favourites to become champions. Fulham still need at least a point to get promoted and faced their third game in three days against Kingston Albion III tomorrow afternoon.

Final score Westminster Casuals 2 – 2 Fulham DFC (half time 0 – 1)

Fulham Deaf FC Line up:

Parker, Vorster, Sarraf, Beese, Docker, Gill, B. Lampert, Pendley, McGreevy (Westbury 76), Drury, Jeffers

Christof Niklaus
 Fulham Deaf FC Manager