Fulham Deaf pitched battle against Spartak Molesey three weeks after winning 6 – 0 at home. Spartak started the match with clear intentions of gaining revenge for their heaviest defeat of the season with clear passing and neat teamwork inside Fulham Deaf's half.

Fulham Deaf made little or no progress to get into the match and undeservedly went ahead when Richard Jeffers scored from close range. Andrew Drury headed the ball down to Jeffers from Clive Campbell's free kick.

A quick equaliser by Spartak in under a minute was no more than what they deserved and it was due to a lack of concentration by Fulham Deaf that lead the ball to be blasted into the back of the net with acres of space being given away too easily.

Halfway through the first half, a Nick Beese's long throw in was headed out by Spartak's defence to Drury who volleyed wide right of goal.

The reminder of the first half was at the 'flickering-between-channels' quality and the half time oranges were largely welcomed by both sides to restructure.

Mark Murphy and Ryan Pendley came on for Richard Jeffers and Neil Fox for the start of the second half. It was Murphy's debut for Fulham Deaf.

Spartak's allocated linesman frustrated Fulham Deaf with a series of flagging down for offside at every opportunity, even dubious ones. Tony Adams would have had the time of his life with this linesman.

Eleven minutes into the second half, Spartak's intended cross into the box went over Richard Parker. Instead of being a cross, it was a goal to Spartak. Fulham Deaf appealed for offside to no avail.

At 2 – 1 down, Fulham began to press forward constantly for an equaliser. Rowan Dixon beat the offside trap and chased a 50-50 ball with Spartak's goal keeper. The crunch came and Drury clipped the loose ball over the bar.

With most of the action inside Spartak's half, it was hard to fathom why Fulham Deaf made hard work of grabbing the equaliser. In the sixty-sixth minute a Drury's cross was met by Dixon who skimmed the ball over the bar.

Two minutes later, Kevin Harewood came on for Dixon as a last throw of the dice. A Nick Beese twenty-two yards free kick went well wide.

The two half time substitutes combined together well to equalise the match at two all with less than ten minutes to go. A short low Murphy's corner was met by Pendley who strolled it home from short range at the near post.

Fulham Deaf pushed on for the third goal but it would have been injustice to Spartak had Fulham Deaf got it.

Final score Spartak 2 – 2 Fulham Deaf FC (half time 1 – 1)

Fulham Deaf FC Line up:

Parker, Vorster, Westbury, Sarraf, Campbell, Drury, Beese, Fox (Pendley 46), Gill, Jeffers (Murphy 46), Dixon (Harewood 68)

Christof Niklaus
 Fulham Deaf FC Manager